Have you ever had a question and didn’t know where to find the answer? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
This section is a compilation of answers to the questions most commonly asked by our patrons. Just start by following one of the links below. If you can't find an answer you're looking for, just ask us.
- Treehouses engender positive power and goodwill, according to Pete Nelson, author of New Treehouses of the World.
- By getting people into nature, treehouses provide tremendous health benefits: freeing the mind, soothing the spirit, and healing the body.
- Treehouses can offer a unique venue for events ranging from wedding receptions to outdoor education to business meetings. Such venues will draw national and international attention, boosting Lincoln’s economy through both local involvement and tourism dollars.
- Current concerns about safety prevent many children and adults from climbing trees, treehouses can provide a safe opportunity.
- It is impossible to be grumpy in a treehouse!
- Nebraska's sesquicentennial is coming up in 2018—what better way to celebrate where we have been and how we have grown as a community?
- Nebraska is home to Arbor Day and Lincoln is home to its Foundation. Numerous city and county groups are striving to make Lincoln one of the most environmentally friendly cities in the nation. We are also certified as a Tree City USA. Treehouses mesh perfectly with these facets of our city.
- Lincolnites enjoy the outdoors; the treehouses would provide novel locations to explore nature
- Lincoln is a city on the rise, gaining recognition for quality of life
- Lincoln has an active and engaged, rich culture
- Arbor Day Tree City / KaBOOM Playful City
- We will be the First Community Treehouse in the Nation
- This will give Lincoln a great destination, draw national and international attention
- We know young professionals and parents are looking for unique and fun experiences
- The current popularity of Animal Planet’s Treehouse Masters and the resurgence of interest in treehouse building across the globe indicate the time is right for this fun, leading-edge community project.
- Abundant research indicates that exposure to nature can reduce stress, promote healing, and improve overall well-being, all of which are particularly important in today’s high-stress, technology-filled culture. The treehouses will provide an avenue to get people into nature, in support of Lincoln’s Community Health Foundation efforts to become the healthiest city in the nation
WHAT THEY OFFER?
- Playfulness, in 2016 Lincoln was named a U.S. "Playful City" by the KaBOOM! Foundation for the past three consecutive year.
- Commercial uses such as meetings, receptions, and classes
- History, The design for each treehouse will highlight the naturals aspects of Nebraska: our pioneering spirit, the prairie schooner, life on the plains, indigenous cultures, sod structures, our commitment to trees, our prehistoric past, and possibly others.
- Each treehouse will be ADA accessible.
- Economic development from state and nation recognition
HOW THEY WILL BE FUNDED?
- Online Outreach
- Treehouse rentals for various activities for sustainability.
- More upcoming plans with local organizations!
Is a Treehouse safe?
- Safety Rails
- On-site Staff
- Security Fencing
How will this benefit my community?
- Access to nature
- Community and lower-income neighborhood enhancement
- Projections for tourism dollars
- Venue spaces for meetings or events